CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Birchbox ~ June 2013



Yipee! It's Birchbox time!

In my May 2013 Birchbox post, I said that I was going to try to stay away from spoilers this month. Well, that didn't happen for a couple of reasons. Number one, I discovered makeuptalk.com. This site has discussion groups for all the different beauty subscription boxes. The ladies there speculate about what is going to be in each months box, and discuss the pro and cons of each product being offered. And, when I say "discuss," I really mean either rejoice because they really want to try that item, or because they feel it's of high value in comparison to the $10 monthly subscription fee, or curse Birchbox for sending them that particular item because they thinks it's crap!

Number two, Birchbox updates your account dashboard on the 10th, with all the items to will be receiving that month, even though you haven't physically received your box yet.

So, it's basically impossible to avoid spoilers....for me anyways!



Birchbox unveiled it's new look, and logo this month!



The theme for this months box is Wanderlust, and the samples we received are suppose to be from near and far, and be useful during our summer travel adventures.



The one item every Birchbox subscriber received, is an exclusive neon pastel shade of Color Club Wanderlust nail polish.

Photo Courtesy of Birchbox.com

Each color is named after one of Birchbox’s international headquarters: Barcelona, London, New York, and Paris. London Calling, a sunny green, Reign in Spain, a fiery coral, Pardon My French, lavender and Mod in Manhattan, a brilliant off-white.

I received Reign in Spain....I would have been happy with any color other than the off white ~ Blah!


Retail Value $4

 
 Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Navy 


Retail Value $9.12

Furlesse Elevens Frown Line Reducing Patches



Retail Value $1.99

Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo


Retail Value $7.50

Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner & OI/OIL Absolute Beautifying Potion


Retail Value $ 1.40

Retail Value $.50
 Extra Goodies ~ Postcards!


The retail value of my box is $24.51.

Not bad for a $10 box! I'm most excited about trying the Davines 3-Step System. I have a couple of trades in the work for two of my items, which I will talk more about after I receive them!


Birchbox costs $10 a month.  You can earn points for reviewing items, which you can use in the Birchbox shop ($1 per item reviewed.)

Birchbox included a code on the back of the postcard for bonus points this month – spend $35+ and get 35 bonus points when you use the code BBFRESH at checkout.  (You don’t have to have a subscription to earn points in the Birchbox shop).

Thanks for reading, and please come back to see what I receive in my Birchbox next month!

Disclaimer: This post contains referral links :-) Print Friendly and PDF
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment