CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My First Ever Birchbox ~ May 2013


I told you in a previous post, that I'm awaiting several subscription boxes, after deciding to jump on the subscription box bandwagon! What is more fun, then sending yourself gifts each month! It's like being able to celebrate your birthday EVERY month! I love getting surprises in the mail.....On the other hand, it's very hard for me to resist watching spoilers of what comes in each month's box, on You Tube. From now on, I'm going to try to not watch any spoilers, until I receive my box. Think I can do it,lol? Probably not, but I'm going to give it a try.

I recently subscribed to Birchbox, which is a subscription box service that sends you 4-5 deluxe beauty and/or lifestyle samples for $10 a month. If you like a product, you can then go the the Birchbox website, and purchase the full size item.

Another great thing about Birchbox,is that you can review each sample in your box, and in turn you are rewarded points! You receive 10 points per review, and for every 100 points your earn, you get a $10 credit to spend in the Birchbox shop!

Birchbox sends out several different types of boxes, which are based on a beauty profile you fill out once you become a member. It is very important to complete your beauty profile, so they're not sending you hair products for curly hair, when you have straight hair, for example.

The links above are my referral links, and I would love it if you would please use one, if you decide to sign up for Birchbox yourselves! Thank you!



Here are the contents to the May 2013 Birchbox!

 This month's theme is Beauty Diaries.



My first look at the May 2013 Birchbox.



 Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Leave-In Conditioner (Full Size $21.95 for 8 oz.)

Instant detangler, thermal protector, UV protector, seals cuticles, smooths hair, locks in color, adds shine, weightless, non-greasy, conditions, for all hair types, use daily.

I was so happy to get this product, because I've been searching for a long time for a good detangler for my daughter's hair. The verdict is still out, on whether or not this is the one. Beauty Protector did detangle my daughter's hair to a degree, and made it smooth & shiny. It also smells great, like perfume for your hair.





Fusion Beauty Lip Fusion Infatuation Lip Fattener (Full size $29.00)

This product is suppose to make your lips look fuller, 3-5 minutes after it is applied. And, it claims your lips will look fuller in general, after 28 days of daily use.

I didn't see any dramatic changes after 3-5 minutes, but I did like this product overall. It made my lips feel cool & tingly, and provided my lips with a glossy shine. The color I received was La Lip Jolie.




LAFACE Laboratories PROTEGER Age Defying Primer (Full Sing Size $65 for 2 oz.)

This unscented, skin perfecting primer delivers serious moisture and helps foundation stay put.

I haven't tried this product yet, but I plan to tomorrow. I tried the Supergoop CC Cream (below) and wasn't that happy with the results, so I'm going to try this primer under the Supergoop CC cream to see if that helps things.




Supergoop! CC Cream Daily Correct Broad Spectrum SPF 35 Sunscreen 
(Full Size $32.00 for 1.6 fl oz.) 

I've very new to the idea of wearing foundation. Normally, I just wear a loose mineral powder. I felt that when I was wearing this foundation, my pores were more visible, and that seems to defeat the purpose of "correcting." I'm going to try this product with the LAFACE Primer, and see if that makes a difference. Supergoop CC cream is suppose to be a primer and foundation in one, so I'm not sure if using the additional primer will do anything,lol.






The last item I received is the 12 ct. Matchbox Itty Bitty Files Tweerman Emery Boards 
(Full Size $5.00) 

These are adorable, and I'm glad I got them because my daughter has very soft nails, and they tear easily. I currently have acrylic nails, so I won't be using them.

As you can see, this box is well worth the $10. I hope to find new products I love over the next few months, through my various subscription boxes! Stay tuned for more un-boxing posts!
Print Friendly and PDF
Pin It!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!!

Post a Comment