CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 29, 2013

Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Dinner Kit ~ Zesty BBQ Chicken


During my 99 Cent Only Store shopping trip on Wednesday, I picked up three different varieties of the Kraft Velveeta Cheesy Skillets. I decided to review the Zesty BBQ Chicken for fun! I purchased this item with my own money, and I'm not being paid to write this review. All opinions are my own.

The Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Zesty BBQ Chicken makes 5 - 1 cup servings, and the only items that are required to complete this meal are 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts & 2 cups of water.

This item is described as Zesty BBQ Chicken ~ Pasta with Creamy Cheese Sauce & BBQ Sauce, with Onions, Red, & Green Bell Peppers.



So, first you are going to brown 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Then, add 2 cups of water, the pasta with veggies & BBQ sauce.

Contents Inside of Box


Mix this all up, and bring to a boil. When you have achieved a boil, reduce heat to a simmer & cover. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

After pasta is cooked, removed from heat & add cheese sauce. Stir in cheese sauce & serve.


This is the suggested serving size of 1 cup, with the optional fried onions on top for garnish.



My husband and I both liked this. I'm not a huge fan of hamburger helper, so when I saw these, I was not sure whether or not they would be comparable. I was pleasantly surprised. The pasta was cheesy, and sweet from the BBQ sauce. I didn't necessarily taste the onions & bell peppers. There were not enough, in my opinion, to make any kind of impact on the dish. I liked the suggestion of adding the fried onion garnish. This added a salty crunch, which contrasted nicely with the cheesy, sweet pasta. I would definitely buy this again, if I can find it for $.99!   
 

Print Friendly and PDF
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment