CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What's Good at the 99 Cent Only Store this Week? And, Dole Nutrition Plus Chia and Fruit Clusters Review!


Another great trip to the 99 Cent Only store this week! Look at those 8 oz. packages of Kraft Cheese! Love it!


8 oz. Kraft Pizza Mozzarella Cheddar Cheese Exp. 6-10-13

3 packs/14 pieces each Stride Tropical Trance Gum Exp. 8-21-13

1 oz. Yellowstone Brand All Natural Beef Jerky Exp. 9-13-14 

Not sure this is such a great deal, however, I was on the lookout for healthier snacks & this fit the bill. I love to sample new products!



Look at this HUGE package of TUMS!

140 ct. Tums Smoothies Berry Fusion & 25 ct. Tums Refreshers in Cool Mint! Exp. 2-2014
For those of you not familiar with Tums Refreshers, they're an antacid & breath mint in one! 

Scholastic Travel I SPY Memory Game ~ I put this in my son's "Caught Being Good" treasure box.


2 Ct. Cupcake Holders ~ I thought these were so cute! Perfect to send cupcakes in school lunches.

Disney 30 Ct. Cotton Swabs in Decorative tin ~ Again, so cute! I'm definitely saving these to add to gift baskets around Christmas time.


3 oz. Degree Girl Just Dance (scent described as sweet red berries, with a dash of citrus) Body Mist Fragrance


Here are some other products worth mentioning, that I did not buy.










Okay, now on to my favorite find of the week! Drum roll please! 

Introducing...... Dole Nutrition Plus Chia & Fruit Clusters in Cranberry Apple! Exp. 7-30-13


From the back of the bag:

From Dole Nutrition Plus, are Satisfyingly delicious crunchy clusters of dried fruit and whole grains, including all natural cold-milled chia seed ~ an ancient grain superfood.

Since 1851, Dole has believed in the health benefits of fruits & vegeatbles. To better understand these benefits, the Dole Nutrition Institute was founded in 2003 to lead research on plant based diets. Dole Nutrition Plus brings this knowledge to life, with great tasting snacks that naturally deliver the essential nutrients we need to live healthy lives. 

Ounce for ounce, Chia seeds provide: 2x more Omega 3 than Walnuts, 3x more fiber than oatmeal, 5x more calcium than whole milk & 26g more protein than an egg!

Ingredients: Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Dried Fruit(Cranberries, Apples,) Crisp Brown Rice, Dried Cane Syrup, Milled Chia Seeds, Brown Rice, Brown Rice Syrup, Oat Fiber, Maltodextrin, Honey, Canola Oil, Natural Flavor, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E.



This is the suggested serving size of 30 g or 12 clusters. If you are following the Weight Watchers Program, each serving is 3 Points Plus. As you can see, mine were broken up a bit.



These were delicious! You can clearly see all the goodness packed into these tiny clusters. Crispy brown rice cereal, oats & dried fruit. Please don't let the chia seeds scare you! You can't even tell they are there.

I've eaten chia seeds in the past, but they were in a sauce my mom served over cheesecake. When chia seeds come into contact with moisture, they absorb it, swell and become slimy.  Yuck!

After my initial experience with chia seeds, I was not impressed. However, after trying the new Dole Nutrition Plus Chia & Fruit Clusters, I'm given them a second thought. I never realized that chia seeds could be so tasty!

These clusters are slightly sweet, and very crunchy. The contrast of the chewy bits of dried fruit is just right. These are delicious as a snack, but would be great to sprinkle the crushed clusters over yogurt.

Dole Nutrition Plus Chia & Fruit Clusters also come in Mixed Berry & Tropical Fruit!

I bought 2 bags, and started eating one in the car, because I skipped breakfast. After I realized how delicious they were, I went in and bought 2 more!

Please come back next week to see what I pick up at the 99 Cent Only store! Print Friendly and PDF
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment